Be Strong Families / Strengthening Families Illinois can assist early childhood programs with increasing the quality and quantity of parent engagement, building better relationships between staff and families, and through a menu of professional development offerings developed to support the ability of staff to implement the Strengthening Families approach.
Training topics include:
- Protective Factors
- Building Strong Relationships with Families
- Recognizing and Responding to Signs of Family Stress
- Communicating with Families
- Developing Collaborative Relationships
- Understanding Trauma and Children’s Exposure to Violence
Click here to read more about these topics.
When it comes to quality the Strengthening Families approach is in alignment with the NAEYC Family and Community standards.
Kathy Goetz Wolf (President and CEO of Be Strong Families / Strengthening Families Illinois), Jamilah R. Jor’dan Ph.D., and Anne Douglass Ph.D. wrote an article highlighting the successes of the Strengthening Families Illinois initiative in the November, 2012 edition of Young Children. Click here to download the article.