Respectful, Strengths-based, Supportive Services for Child-Welfare-Involved Parents, Teens & Professionals
Be Strong Families (BSF) continues its work in 2015 by serving birth parents, foster parents, teen parents, and foster care alumni. In addition, an emphasis remains on serving teens in the system and BSF will be promoting the Strengthening FamiliesTM Youth Thrive Protective Factors among teens in care through cafes and training opportunities. New in 2015 are opportunities for agency staff serving child welfare populations to access Be Strong Families training as well!
If you are a child welfare agency, Family Advocacy Center, DCFS funded provider or early childhood program serving child welfare involved families, there are resources available through Be Strong Families that you can access that will help you build protective factors in families and strengthen the relationships between parents and those that serve parents.
- Parent Cafes for:
- Teen Cafes used to build the Strengthening FamiliesTM Youth Thrive Protective Factors
- Linking Teen Wards with early childhood resources for their children
- Living the Protective Factors training for staff and parents
- Wake Up! to Your Potential leadership training for parent or teen / youth audiences or staff
- Additional resources for Birth Parents to get strong fast! – including:
- The Get on the Fast Track to Getting Your Kids Back series of workshop- booster sessions-and one on one coaching
- Written resources, such as the Parents Get Real Guide to Getting Your Kids Back and Parents Get Real Guide to Keeping Your Kids at Home
- Developing Collaborative Relationships Between Birth Parents and Foster Parents workshops
- Building Protective Factors with Young Parents who have aged out of care
For more information or to access our services, contact email@example.com.